Thursday, October 1, 2009

Truly the Beginning...

So, now's a good a time as any to begin my journey. The first of October, fall is here...my feelings of wanting to feel good and look good are stronger than ever; however, my obsession with food has always seemed to get in the way. It was suggested to me to create this blog as a way of tracking my progress and gaining incentive to lose the weight I need to. A little about me...I guess some of you may read this and laugh but in reality, I have 40 pounds to lose. Doesn't sound like a lot however it's more than the 40 pounds. It's being able to triumph over food. Being able to say no and not go back and change my mind seconds later. Addiction is a big problem in my family. My father is a compulsive gambler and my older/younger brother, a drug addict. Initially I was happy that I escaped what they have to endure...but now that I take a step back, I realize that here I am, not totally escaping addiction...why, I'm just addicted to a different thing...FOOD. People don't see ADDICTION to food a problem. Some just feel you can stop eating at any point in time...diet, lose the weight. You're just lacking in motivation. I've heard it all, from everyone. When I started hiding my eating I knew I had a problem.

Tomorrow I will truly start...by posting my stats...uuuggghhhh, that's going to be fun. So, stay tuned for by beginning stats and join in this incredible journey with me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of you Shaleen...you just have no idea. You took the advice and took the leap, and now there's no going back. You are on the road to freedom girlfriend!! I encourage you to post on your blog every single day. I just cannot express to you how much this helps with the accountability factor for yourself, as well as meeting other weight loss bloggers that have gone through or are going through the same issues as yourself. And you're right...it's not about how much or how little you have to lose. It's about beating the addiction. I have good news....you CAN do it. I'm living proof! I don't have it all down pat...some days are still a struggle...but I have to tell you that the new habits I've developed and things I've learned a lot of way have helped me chase those demons away. It will happen for you, too!

    You mentioned in the email to offer any tips on weight loss and blogging. I will return that email in just a few moments. Welcome to Blogland girlfriend!! So glad you're here! :)

    ReplyDelete